Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pimp C and Me


I've learned that have something in common with rapper Pimp C --- besides the fact that we're both pimps and have names that include the letter C.


I'm struggling with a cold --- the kind that hangs around forever, like inlaws at Christmas. So I went to the store for a bottle of cough syrup. A cold and a cough has to really be bad for me to ingest cough syrup. The stuff has made me gag ever since I was six years old and still does. But I was willing to trade 2 seconds of gag reflex for four hours of lung chunking cough. So down goes the medicine.


Then I read that Pimp C did very much the same thing. Except Mr. C got high on cough syrup. And cough syrup doesn't mix well with sleep apnia. So he's now the late Pimp C.


So I'll pour a bit of Tussin on the ground for C.


It just goes to show --- gangsta lifestyle, sleep apnia, cough syrup --- something's always gonna get you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home