Thursday, April 13, 2006

Travelin' Clothes


Next Tuesday, I will board a plane and meet Will for a week in Europe. Both of us plan to set a world record for light traveling --- one small backpack each. And I use the term backpack loosely. Neither of us will be sporting one of those monstrosities that run the entire length of a human backside. They'll both be a bit larger than a book backbag --- enough to carry a bunch of pairs of underwear, socks, a few shirts and a tooth brush. That's it.

My delimna is on outerwear. Last time we made this trip, it was February and I sported a heavy motorcycle jacket. Highs in February in The Netherlands are in the 30s and 40s. But in April, it gets up into the 50s, but dips down to freezing at night. I know I'll have to have a jacket, but should the motorcycle jacket make the trip for a second time? The pluses are are that it has lots of stupid pockets for Ipod, passport and wallet storage and is fairly warm. The down side is it's heavy to lug around if you're not wearing it.

I'm leaning towards taking the biker thug look abroad again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gye Greene said...

''Ska-dude'' coats would probably be as warm, but lighter (fluffy, insulated), and have almost as many pockets (although in different locations).


--GG

9:11 PM  
Blogger whitneydonkey said...

My cousin is on a trip around the world right now. She is sporting the lightweight nylon parka with the fake fur around the hood. The singer from The Alarm was sporting one when I saw him a few years ago too.
try this blog:
www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/chance-and-teresa

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home