Monday, May 08, 2006

Baby Crap


Today at work, we had the obligatory office baby shower for a guy who's wife is due pretty soon. I like this coworker, so I joined the gathering in the conference room for the pot-luck lunch. Because I was seated in a corner, there was no way to gracefully escape the gift opening portion of this show. So I watched as my male co-worker had to comment on all of the gifts he and his pregnant wife recieved from the office (I pitched in some money for some unknown Baby's R Us product.)

And while the co-worker was doing his best attempt to contain himself over the excitement of being gifted with a Tigger onesy, I imagined how I'd handle being the center of attention at an event like this. It would probably go something like this:

"Uh, thanks for the Diaper Genie guys. I sure glad I now have a can to store a week's worth of shit."

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Why on earth would they put that poor guy through a shower? It's hard enough when you're a girl. He'd have probably rather gone out for a few beers after work, which he won't be able to do very often in the future.

10:07 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

He was a really good sport. I was impressed. Again, if I were in his shoes, calamity would have ensued.

10:27 AM  
Blogger AVA said...

Hahaha :) It's still a good gift though!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

Reminiscent of a sausage maker.

--GG

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home