Friday, October 20, 2006

Ghost Courthouse


I just got back from what may have been the coolest work trip I've ever taken. I'm writing an article about creepy abandoned courthouses in Texas --- of which there are many. I couldn't believe I got paid to do this --- I drive long distances and take pictures of abandoned stuff on my own vacations.

This trip took me all across south and west Texas. And this building is the crown jewel of Texas abandoned courthouse. It's on private property, way off the highway in a town that really doesn't exist anymore. I had to sweet talk my way onto the land and promise the landowners I wouldn't reveal its exact location. Adding to the spook factor of this place, the landowners live in a nearby farm house that's just like the one in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gye Greene said...

Great photo! Saved to my HD. :) (For whatever reason, I have a collection of Victorian-ish house photos...)

--GG

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home