Wednesday, June 29, 2005

2806 South Boulevard update


This is the abandoned house in South Dallas that I've been obsessed with for the last five years, which I went into great detail a few months ago.

I drove by it last weekend. It's in even worse shape now.

See the windows that are open on the second story? You could see that there was a set of french doors in the room behind those windows. Now the french doors are gone. So is the wall. Somebody must have knocked down the walls so they could haul off the french doors and the frame. Homeless people and scavengers do this in abandoned houses and sell the stuff to architecture salvage businesses. Apparently the wall must have been the load bearing variety because now there's a huge crack in the center gable. The house is beginning to literally split in half. I think I'm going to cry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

that is a potentially awesome house. what a shame.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home