Saturday, July 09, 2005

Room For Rent


This the upstairs study of our house where I spend a lot of time listening to music, getting ready for work and looking at web sites I shouldn't on the very computer you see in the photo. Apparently, lots of people besides me have spent time in this room, although not doing the same things as me.

I love to do searches on the Dallas Morning News historic archive, where you can search everything they printed from 1888 until 1975 --- even the classified ads. And according to the classifieds, this very room was for rent from 1951 until 1965. At the time, it had twins beds. And occupants had use of the green, art deco tile bath next to this room. The ad said the rooms was for "girls" only. Luncheon was included, whatever that means. All for $5.50 a week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I see you still have your wooden sound warehouse-stlye record crates.

8:41 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

That isn't a Sound Warehouse-style record crate. It is a Sound Warehouse record crate.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I think that's funny.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home