Monday, August 22, 2005

Liquor Store Commentary

One last vacation story, and I'll stop beating everybody over the head with the equivalent of a Kodak slide show projector.

Hot dry climates give a man a thirst for beer. So one evening, I walked to a liquor store in Santa Fe to purchase some brewed beverages. I grabbed a six pack of Colorado's famous Fat Tire ale. And while approaching the counter, I grabbed a 24 oz. can of the much more low rent Icehouse lager. The last item was a $1.29 impulse buy, what can I say?

So while I'm paying, a fat drunken man who obviously frequents this business like a Chevy Suburban visits a gas station, decides to make a comment about my purchase. "That's a strange combination," he says to me.

I look over at fat drunk guy. And he's just purchased a 4 pack of Bud Light ( I didn't even know they made 4 packs). And he'd also just bought a fist full of Tootsie Pops.

I just looked at the guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I enjoy the slide show

7:41 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

When did the vacation slides get this bad rap, I usually like em quite a bit.

12:24 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

OK then. I'll post more. Twist my arm.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home