Thursday, September 15, 2005

Honest Mechanic


Remember last month when I stopped by "Just Brakes" on a Saturday because they said they'd fix my brakes on my Ranger for $99, then called me back an hour later and said actually it was going to cost an astounding $1,800? They said my entire brake system needed to be replaced --- master cylinder, power booster, all the brake lines, all the pads shoes and rotors. It in the worst condition they'd ever seen. I took my truck away from them as fast as I could.

I knew all that was wrong was that I had a sticky caliper on the passenger side front brake. In the photo, the caliper is the red thing.

This morning, I took my truck to the very honest Mustang Service Center. I told Butch, the owner, that my passenger side caliper was sticking. He just called me back. He said "Yes, your passenger side caliper is sticking. We'll replace that one and the driver's side caliper and turn your rotor. That'll be $266."

Thank you Butch. You are an honest business man. And I'm sending everyone I know to your shop. It's Mustang Service Center 2201 Abrams Road, Dallas, TX. (214) 824-6716.

F you Just Brakes.

3 Comments:

Blogger john clarke said...

Promote the honest mechanic. Tell all of your friends.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

C&R Garage, which is located very close to the corner of Good Latimer and Swiss is also one of the most honest places I ever dealt with... even when we had moved up to Richardson, we always took our vehicles there. Well worth the trip. :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I had great luck with Mustang when my Buick had problems, but they don't know anything about ACs on BMWs from the 80s. A good mechanic is hard to find.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home