Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Obscure Band of the Day: Champale


Champale, named after a particularly nasty sparkling Malt Liquor from the 1970's, is from New York, I think. I ran across them on someone's self-programmed internet radio station several years ago. Champale produces dreamy pop music without the sappy sheen. And they only have one album I know of called "Simple Days". This album was in the CD player of my car when I had my last date ever before I got involved the person who would become my wife. The album starts out strong, but reaches it's high point on the second track called "Motel California" an outstanding song that's features a Vibraphone --- a chiming sound you'll rarely hear in a rock song. The rest of the album is forgettable. I hope Champale is still around. They could be outstanding if they keep at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home