Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Legend Passes


Gilligan's dead.

I remember when The Skipper, Alan Hale, died. I was in my last year at UT in 1989. Back then, the Skipper and Gilligan were a daily part of my life --- and Dave and Rob's too, and not because we watched too many reruns. Whenever some calamity happened in our lives, our automatic reaction was the one syllabal exclamation: "Buuuup!" That was the sound The Skipper made when Gilligan bumped into him. And we all said it when The Skipper died. It was our tribute to two TV characters who made us laugh.

I don't say "Buuup!" as much as I used to, even though my life is still full of calamity. However, it was the first thing I'd say every time I'd read that Gilligan had been busted for marijuana possession again.

Rest in peace little buddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

where do these people come from? prayer power and free hentai dating sims?!? sweet baby jesus...

1:25 PM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

buuup little buddy!!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

Hm! I tend to call both my dog and my nephew ''ittle buddy''; must be where I get it. Unconsciously, as I've only seen a few episodes (five?) of Gilligan's.


--GG

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home