Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rock Nightmare


Last night, I dreamt that I was at a small club where Pearl Jam was playing. The show was not advertised because the band was attempting to launch a new sound on a very limited and discriminating audience. I'm not sure how limited and discriminating the audience was because I was there . . . along with McCauley Culkin.

On comes Pearl Jam. And they launch into "The Rainbow" which is the first song on the 1988's masterpiece album "The Spirit of Eden" by Talk Talk. Stone Gossard is absolutely ruining the guitar part of the song, which goes on for awhile before the words start. It's so bad that I have to leave the club before Eddie Vedder starts in with his over-singing. I do not want to become a witness to the full-blown aggravated assault that's being perpetrated on one of my favorite songs.

I wait a safe amount of time before re-entering the club and the band has ended. Then I take my picture with Pearl Jam and McCauley Culkin.

This dream must have had some meaning. Confronting fears? I dunno. I am frightened both by overblown bad American rock bands and freaky aging former child actors --- except for Chachi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home