Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Near Chaos


Over the weekend, I fired up the gas grill for the 289th time. I am not a holiday-only griller. Oh no. I'll grill when it's snowing outside. But the trouble with this habit is after a good year of grillling, you start to wonder exactly how much gas is left in the tank. Half full, half empty --- ah, screw it, this grill works mostly on magic anyway.

So we had the neighbors over for hamburgers. And I went to the grill for the 289th time knowing it had been a good year since the gas cylinder had been replaced. I layed out six burgers and commensed the grilling process. Fifteen minutes later, I had six perfectly grilled burgers and a completely spent cylinder. The gas grill gods smiled on me. But there's a lesson in here somewhere for the much appreciated gas grill manufacturers of America. Please put a gas gauge on future grills. This simple gesture may prevent future Memorial Day chaos.

1 Comments:

Blogger john clarke said...

Maybe it's time to upgrade grills at the john_clarke estate. My $88 grill from Target has served me so very well though.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home