Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sending the Good Stuff


For about a year, I've been trading CDs on this service called LaLa. It's a real simple and genius idea. You list a bunch of CDs you're willing to trade along with a list of CDs you want. And for every CD you mail out in a prepaid envelope, somebody will mail you something off your want list. It's $1.75 per trade --- just the right price for a cheap bastard like me. I've traded about 250 CDs this way. And today, for the first time, I sent a CD to somebody who is notable. Scott Jacobson, a writer on The Daily Show, will soon be listening to my copy of Lloyd Cole's "Don't Get Weird On Me Babe" which is song for song, Lloyd's finest musical achievement.

Believe me, it's really reassuring that somebody associated with one of television's most brilliant shows did not request my copy of the Gin Blossom's "New Miserable Experience".

1 Comments:

Blogger Gye Greene said...

[Indignantly] Heeey! That's a good album!!! :)

--GG

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home