Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Adventures in Bad Babysitting

I took my wife and her friend out for a pricey birthday dinner recently. We went to the legendary Kirby's steakhouse in Dallas, where I exchanged $184 bucks for some drinks and grilled cow.

And during this meal, some breeding Yuppies were seated directly across from us. And instead of paying for a babysitter --- which they could clearly afford if they were dining at Kirby's --- these fuckheads decided it would be a great idea to bring a DCD player, set it up on their table, and use that device as a defacto babysitter for their five and six year old kids. So during our meal, we were subjected to the DVD player going full blast --- which got worse everytime a vehicle fired up during the movie they were watching, the cartoon film "Cars".

I shot the parents about seven dirty looks --- every one they shrugged off. Then I weighed my other options, which were: A. Go over to the table and politely tell them to turn the movie down or B. Move to another table.

I went with option B. because I was well pissed and had lost the ability to ask these numbskull parents to do anything politely.

But the next time, politeness will not be a factor. I'm will make a stand for my fellow diners against the surge of rude, lazy parenting. There will be a defensive beachhead established and hopefully I will be joined by fellow comrades who didn't bring young children to an adult restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home