Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Food Stuffs

My wife has food issues. There are limited things that she will eat. Ask her and she'll freely admit that her taste buds were stunted about the time she was in the 4th Grade.

On the other hand, I have a food issue all to myself. Specifically, I despise any cutesy, happy, short hand word are used to describe food.

The word "veggie" makes me cringe.

When someone describes a meal as "delish" I want to howl.

I once had a girlfriend who refered to the grocery store as "the gro." We didn't last long together, mainly because she used that word.

I have no idea why the use of these words sets me off. And while my friend Tara is a degreed, licensed and fully able speech pathologist, I'm not sure she could get to the root of this issue. After all, I can pronounce all of these words perfectly. I just have a really complex reason for hating these words. Is there such thing as a speech psychologist?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I cannot tell you why. All I can say is, if you say the word "dollop" around me, I may attempt to kick your ass.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Bryce hates the word compote. Mike hates the word snack. Kev, like you, hates veggie. We all have our issues.

3:21 PM  
Blogger whitneydonkey said...

i will now say dollop everytime i am around tara!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home