Tuesday, June 07, 2005

John Hughes Fears

I'm curious about a potential sequel to Sixteen Candles --- the movie I often refer to as the greatest film of my generation. There are currently discussions about another movie (maybe they should go the George Lucas prequal route and set it in 1980 instead of 1984.) I saw it when it came out in the movie theaters when I was sixteen myself. And since then, I've only seen the movie about 148 more times.

Molly Ringwald has held up pretty well from the photos I've seen. Anthony Michael Hall finally has a gig on a UPN series after a whole lot of nothing. Michael Schoeffling --- the guy who played Jake --- who knows? But there is no way they'll come anywhere close to sniffing the original. I fear it'll be about as good as some crap T.V. reunion show like "Still The Beaver" or "The Brady Brides". But I'll see this movie, even it's crap. And I bet Hollywood is well aware of this fact.

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I fear that

2:06 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

What is the premise of this movie?

10:13 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

I'm not sure there is a premise of this movie, other than to cash in on suckers like me.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home