Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Please Change The Station

Tomorrow, I will head out at 4 a.m. for the Rocky Mountain state. The trip from Dallas to Telluride will take about 14 hours. Be glad you're not going with me for many reasons. But if there's one, consider the sheer torture of listening to my choices on sattelite radio for that period of time.

The unit in my car gives me access to 120 chanels. Many of them are incredible music stations playing an endless variety of magical selections. And I will listen to few of them over the course of those 14 hours. Instead, I'll be glued to all of the stupid talk stations. Home improvement call in shows, the Weather Channel, Air America, and the great great NPR will dominate my listening agenda. This is a strange thing for me to admit because I value music over most non-humans in my life. But when you're on a deserted highway in New Mexico, 100 miles from anywhere, it's comforting to listen to someone else's voice, even if they're unleashing some long winded report about endangered Carribou in Northern Oregon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I support the endangered caribou!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

I like to listen to unstable talk. The less professional the better. I like the trianwreck factor

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home