Friday, July 29, 2005

Freddy's Dead

Freddy, the front door/security/greeter guy in my building who I've long touted as the most worthless employee in the history of building management employees, has been replaced. Maybe the folks who run the building read this blog. This is cause for celebration, as I'm already on board with Freddy's replacement.

I don't know the new guy's name, but his mere physical presence is reassuring. Unlike Freddy, who talked to his homeys on the phone all of the time while sitting behind the desk, the new guy stands at attention all day. And just as I was walking in the building today, he was telling a homeless guy who was harassing the passers by outside the building to get lost. Yes!!

But the best thing about the new guy is he looks like Keith on Six Feet Under. He's a large black man with a clean-shaven head. I'm already inventing a Keith-like past for the new guy which landed him in the security profession. One could only hope he got kicked off a major metropolitan police force for roughing up some low life who needed a good kick in the gut. That's what we need on Main Street --- a force to be reckoned with, not some schmoe who won't get out of his chair to let me in my office when I forget my key.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home