Monday, August 01, 2005

Eating Off a Table

If you're 38 and want regain the feeling of lost youth, go to a cafeteria.

I was passing by one on Sunday, while hungry, and decided to stop in. I almost regretted the decision because Sundays at the cafeteria is sort of like JFK airport on Thanksgiving --- it's jam packed. The cafeteria is huge with the after-church crowd in Texas. But the people watching in the cafeteria is great. All of the races were represented evenly. But the age demographic was slanted very high towards those who are eligible to collect social security. There weren't many 38 year olds wearing Muddy Waters T-shirts in line like me. Still I felt right at home. After all, I go to bed at 9:30 p.m. and like to complain both about my water bill and what the kids call music these days. So bring on the macaroni & cheese and cabbage, I'm in my element.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Bland food at its finest! I always get the Lu-Ann Platter.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home