Monday, August 22, 2005

Mystery Photo

Rob says he just found an old photo of he and myself. Apparantly, we're holding a couple of 40 oz beers --- mine a regular Schlitz and his a Schlitz Malt Liquor, complete with the bull.

I'm really curious to see this photo. Back around 1990, when Rob worked at Sound Exchange in Austin, I used to roll by at closing time with a couple of 40s. Rob would consume the malted beverage while he counted up the register reciepts. And I'd listen to all manner of trash from the discount bin while also consuming alcohol. I remember that 2 Live Crews "Nasty As They Want To Be" sounded a lot better under the influence of Schlitz.

Rob actually has one my favorite pictures of myself. In it, I'm a cherubic 22 years old. I'm wearing my favorite bomber jacket and this long-lost paisley shirt that would have made Steve Kilbey of the Church proud. I was upstairs at the Cannibal Club eating a free bag of popcorn. And I'm flipping off the camera. The reason I like the photo is because even though I'm displaying an offensive finger gesture, I look like the most unoffensive and innocent person in the world. But I didn't feel that way at the time the picture was taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home