Saturday, September 17, 2005

I Love The Sound Of Chainsaws In the Morning


One of the minor inconveniences of having three 200 foot tall, 75 year old pecan trees in your front yard is that when there's a strong wind or thunderstorm, the trees start dropping massive limbs like they just stepped on a land mine. Thursday afternoon, central Dallas got hammered by a strong, five minute thunderstorm. And I came home to find an enormous limb laying in my front yard. It was so big I couldn't move it. So this morning, I started to call neighbors Rick & Mike to ask if I could borrow their chainsaw. This is the third time I've done this in two years. So I figured, if you've asked to borrow a power tool three times in two years, the rule should be that you have to go buy your own power tool. So I am now the proud owner of a 33cc, 14 inch boom, $99 chainsaw. It destroyed the limb. And I had fun doing it. The tools that are the most dangerous are always the most entertaining. And now I have enough wood to do plenty of this in the future: http://photos1.blogger.com/img/127/5475/640/Fire%20Near%20the%20Mustang.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home