Tuesday, September 06, 2005

This Is My Private Life, These Are My Private Things



The sink in my bathroom is so old that the hot and cold water come out of seperate faucets. I only turn on the hot water because it takes so long time for the water to get hot that by the time I'm done brushing my teeth the water is just warm enough to wash my face.

I've used this sink every day for two years. It's as if this sink was made just for me. I forget that countless people have used this sink since it was first installed in 1929.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I use to have that kind of sink in my old house but the hot water came fast so when i would wash my face I would have to cup my hands and get some cold and then grab some hot to splash on my face- it was kinda like an assembly line. I like original stuff but I am thankful for modernazation. Cheers to you for sticking with it. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Gye Greene said...

We live in an old house where the kitchen and bathroom sink has that system. Scalded myself (mildly) more than once. My #1 request for the new house we're building: All taps must feed into a single faucet. Per sink, that is.

Blessings to the clever person who first thought to route the hot and cold water through one, unified pipe! :)


--GG

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home