Thursday, October 13, 2005

Nation of Idiots



As if you need another reason to think the United States is country comprised only of complete retards, look no further than the Billboard Charts this week. There in the number one slot you'll find Nickelback.

Why do I hate Nickelback? Let me count the ways.

I trace my hate of Nickelback back to Pearl Jam, the most overrated band to come out of the Seattle grunge scene of the late 80's. They pioneered the art of repetitious song writing and irritating overwrought singing. Even though I despise Pearl Jam, at least I gave them originality points. If you like Pearl Jam, that's okay. However if you like Creed --- a huge Pearl Jam ripoff act --- I have no mercy for you. These guys are worthy of everyone's ire because they stole from Pearl Jam, denied it, and sold even more albums than Pearl Jam to legions of suckers. They were an embarrassment to the entertainment industry --- a ballless, soulless, corporate band invented to make money. After Creed's terrible lead singer Scott Stapp got too big for the band and broke it up so "he could go in a different direction" which was nowhere, up to the plate stepped Nickelback. Nickelback offers us the same tortured singing, the same bad lyrics, and the same carbon copy boring melodies as Creed. And America loves them for it. It's like everybody's embracing 1993 over and over and over again.

So keep it up Nickelback. You're just contributing to the next music revolution that will hopefully will wipe you from everyone's memories.

Boy this is an angry post.

5 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

The 3rd dude from the left looks like a cross between Troy Grant and Tara's hair.

Never heard a Nickelback song, but oh how I do despise Creed.

-K.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

What?! That doesn't look like me.

5:21 PM  
Blogger whitneydonkey said...

didn't they sing Hero from Spiderman? Bob's niece makes us listen to Nickelback, really loud, in the car. I do like them better than Creed though.
But the worst has got to be Constantine (from American Idol) singing Creed. gag.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

THAT is what Troy and Tara babies would look like with bleached locks of course. :O

9:38 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

NO! I am getting all my hair cut off.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home