Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Dumbest Photo I've Ever Taken


Should you find yourself near an eye-popping waterfall in Colorado with a camera, don't take this picture. Like an insect that was drawn to a porch light at night, I got right up on this slice of nature. I was so close that the water was splashing on me. Seconds after I snapped this frame, a rock about the size of a golf ball fell from about 800 feet above and drilled me right in the stomach. It hurt like hell. I have no doubt that if the rock hit me in the head, I would have been knocked cold. Instead, I had a real nice abdominal bruise that turned all blue and green and lasted a good three weeks. Sexy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

It's a pretty good shot though. You gotta suffer for your art.

7:09 AM  
Blogger The Hatleyman said...

The mountain was trying to tell you it didn't like being photographed nekkid...

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home