Thursday, September 29, 2005

Homeless Apparel

I love it when I find the odd irony or juxtaposition in the clothing choices of the homeless who walk the streets of downtown Dallas. I'm sure that most of the clothing comes out of a donation box of the homeless center and the homeless don't give much thought to what they wear, other than the article of clothing fits --- sort of. Still, if you see a street person shuffling down Main wearing a George W. Bush campaign t-shirt, you wonder if the homeless is thinking "You know, supply side economics and social security reform are really what I'm all about."

Today I saw a homeless guy wearing a "2001 Earth Day Celebration" t-shirt and a Titleist golf cap. I think these clothing choices really made a statement. And that statement is "I am very concerned about global warming. But fuck it. I'm going to go shoot 18 holes before it gets too hot outside."

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Hooray for the Environmentally-consious homeless man.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home