Monday, November 14, 2005

The Airline Shuffle


I flew roundtrip to Denver using Hotwire.com, this super discount airline internet ticket agency that gets you anywhere you want to go with a catch --- they don't tell you what time your flight will be until after you've chosen the dates and paid. I got lucky and wound up with really reasonable travel times for about $200 --- super cheap for Dallas to Denver.

On the way home on a totally full 10:30 a.m. flight, I had to ride bitch --- the seat in the middle. I hate being in the middle. Yet for some unexplainable reason, two guys were holding tickets for the same isle seat next to me. The stewardess had to sort out that mess so she asked for volunteers to take the next flight in exchange for a free travel voucher. My hand shot up immediately.

All I had to do was wait around in the airport for another two hours. I even got a window seat on the later flight. So next time, john_clarke will be flying anywhere in the lower 48 states on the man. And you better believe I'm choosing a trip that costs more than $200. Thanks be to the big airline.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Looks like a fun trip. You have a lot of rock shirts.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home