Monday, November 07, 2005

Corporate Lunch

When I go out to eat during the work week, I usually go to a place where you stand in line to order. I almost always eat alone. And standing in line with office drones reinforces my solitary lunch eating habits because there's nothing worse than the conversation that happens between fellow employees at lunch time. It's always crap like this:

"Mario from accounting says that HR told him they're going to promote that Robbins kid up to corporate!"

"So after the Scarsdale assessment, we have to realign every single Junkins processor to design specs!"

Rarely is the conversation about movies or music or the opposite or similar sex. It's as if all that these people have in common is a death sentence of a job.

So I eat alone. All by myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gye Greene said...

You work at the wrong place (and so does everyone else in that part of town). My co-workers and I talk about everything but work! ;)


--GG

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home