Friday, June 02, 2006

The Flowbee


I used to make relentless fun of a made-for-cable commercial for a product know as "The Flowbee." The Flowbee is an electric razor that's hooked up to a vacuum cleaner. It sucks the hair up, chops it, and the hair clippings go into a bag. By using this marvel of technology, you can become your own barber. "A perfect haircut every time!" What a stupid idea.

I haven't thought about The Flowbee in quite some time until this April when it was already hitting 98 degrees in Dallas. The heat made me have a Pedro moment, like in so much Napoleon Dynamite. My head was hot. So, I pulled out my electric razor and took matters, or hair, into my own hands. And with nothing but a #1 razor guard, I had a perfect haircut. Well, perfect may be a little strong for what my head looked like after I was done with it. I have a perfect haircut for a white supremacist. But my head was cool and I was happy, although my bathroom floor was covered in brown john_clarke hair.

Then I wondered, is The Flowbee still available for purchase? On second thought, that vacuum attachment idea is nothing short of a genius idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but Mike Broshous used this for his (and his wife's) haircuts during my tenure at TL. He told me a long convoluted story about how this was the answer to their prayers, etc. regarding hair care. I need to call you.

-H

7:45 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

Wow. I never thought of the Flowbee in a religious context.

Yeah, call me.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home