Sunday, March 18, 2007

That Hoodoo That You Do


I have no reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish. In fact, my ancestors --- former residents of England --- likely participated in the centuries long oppression of Ireland.


So I decided to opress the Irish even further by ignoring their holiday even more by seeing an Australian band play --- the genius Hoodoo Gurus --- on the evening of the March 17th.


The Hoodoos were in the midst of a very poorly publicized reunion tour. And that worked out just great for me as I was one of only about 120 people who saw them play at Club Da Da in Deep Ellum. By about three songs into their set, I was hanging my head over the monitor near the stage, screaming along to "Hayride to Hell." I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening at the other reunion show playing in Dallas that night --- The Police. The real police guarding the stage at the American Airlines Center (where it costs more to park than I paid to see the Hoodoo Gurus) likely shut down any stage/fan antics quickly.


F the Police.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home