Thursday, October 21, 2004

Cheap

I went to college for a sememster in London during the winter of 1987. I spent more time seeing bands than I did in class.

One night I was at a club, waiting to get into to see a band. I think it was the BoDeans, or somebody like that. Anyway, there was a sign up behind the door person that said: "Admission 7 pounds, 6 pounds for UB40." I told the doorperson "I like UB40, especially the Labour of Love album." The doorperson said "No, you idiot. UB40 means you're unemployed." I replied "Oh. Well I am unemployed." This was true since I was a student and was legally prevented from working in England on the visa I had at the time.

I ended up getting in for 6 pounds.

Currently listening to The BoDeans on Launchcast --- a song called "Heaven", which believe it or not is off a 2004 release. Boy they're sounding terribly mainstream these days. Why, again, did I like them?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home