Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Baby

There's really only one hazard to being born on April 27th. Seeing as that's my birthday, I know it well. When the celebrity birthday list is read on the radio on this glorious day, I'm appropriately reminded of how many fellow spares I share a birthday with. I can recite their names by heart. Quincy's Jack Klugman. Drunken U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant. The kind of cool and funny looking but talentless Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley. But of all my fellow birthday mates, the one that always plagues me for the remainder of the day is forgotten 80's poptress Sheena Easton. Mention her name, and I will invariably have "My Baby Takes The Morning Train" on a continuous soundtrack in my brain all day long until I go to sleep at night. Why doesn't her name trigger the Prince-written "Sugarwall" in my head instead? By the way, what's "Sugarwall" about anyway?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Today is also the birthday of Hattie, daughter of Whitney and Bob. Happy Birthday John and Hattie (and Quincy, and Sheena...)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

I'm pretty sure sugarwall is gynecological slang.

But then again Morning train might be phallic.

I should really get out more.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home