Wednesday, May 11, 2005

If I Were To Rock

If I wasn't 38, and had the ability to play a proper rock instrument, I'd likely form a band. We'd probably be much like London's The Godfathers --- dressing up in similar skinny lapelled suits and attitudes. I would like to sing, with a Les Paul hanging at my hip, as I turned all my problems into songs and sung about them, loudly. Of course, we'd only have one real album worth of material. But a three album contract with Virgin records would obligate us to turn out two more albums that were pure rubbish. Then we'd fade away, never to be heard from again, just like so much Close Lobsters.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You could start a house band like us...better yet, you could just come over and jam. Can you sing?

1:36 PM  
Blogger john clarke said...

Oh, I can sing. The photo on my blog just happens to be yours truly, belting out a heartfelt "White Wedding" at the Cavern Club's karaoke night.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

Damn right! he was the front man for one of the most successful Truth about hell sessions.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Well, we don't know any Billy Idol songs, but I think it would be cool to do a cover of Chili Dog. PPHPHB welcomes all!

I always wondered what that photo was all about.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home