Monday, May 09, 2005

Kid Communication

I just had a long overdue conversation with my oldest friend, who recently moved several states away. I haven't talked to her for about six months, which is fairly unusual for us. But the reason is small children. It's hard to have phone conversations with people who have small children. "I'll talk to you in a minute." "No. No. Mommy's on the phone right now." "For the love of God, can I have three minutes!" Actually my friend is very good with children, makes them behave and keeps phone interruptions to a minimum. And really, if I have a choice between a few interruptions and not talking to her at all, I'd gladly take the interruptions. But I guess the reason we haven't talked in a long time is because people with kids are always really busy, whereas I can stop down pretty much at anytime to talk to a friend. And I'd rather that they call me rather than me trying to guess when mayhem is not happening in their house and try to jam in a conversation.

1 Comments:

Blogger whitneydonkey said...

h & s are 3 and 1 1/2. i can relate to the "no time". bob takes them to dallas once every week or so, just so i can have a day off. thats why i only blog once a week.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home