Wednesday, May 11, 2005

East Dallas Update

It's amazing how many things can change within the confines of a 100 square yards of real estate in a matter of a few hours. On my morning exercise route, I stopped to ponder a massive tree limb that fell from a 120 year old live oak tree overnight. This thing was so huge, it could have crushed a car and certainly killed a human. I found neither a car nor a human under this enormous piece of discarded vegetation. Then, not 50 feet away, I noticed that after a one week absence, the mystery machine has returned without its boat trailer accessory. I was kind of excited because I' ve been meaning to take a picture of the machine. I peered inside the drivers window, and Mr. Mystery was inside, asleep in the driver's seat leaning up against the trash in the passenger's seat. I'm not sure how Mr. Mystery would react to some guy in running shorts shooting pictures of his prized and likely only possession with a digital camera at 6 a.m. So I'll leave that for another day. But I was glad that Mr. Mystery and his machine had been spared the indignity of being destroyed overnight by a falling tree limb. Had he parked 50 feet closer, I'm sure I'd be hearing all about Mr. Mystery's tragic end on the local news.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

You must post a picture of this van! Very glad no one was hurt by the tree.

9:08 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

As soon as I comprehend the technology of posting photos on the blog, I mean to do this. john_clarke is currently stumped as to how the "Hello" software is supposed to work. TLRHS is much more advanced in this area.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I don't think I can explain it. I will have to show you, or talk you through it sometime.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Robert_M said...

I'm so with you, this effing hello thing is odd

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home