Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Launched

Listening to internet radio at work keeps co-worker noise from entering my brain while keeping my brains from leaking out my ears at the same time. One of my favorite sites is Launch.com, where you create your own station and the music played depends on what bands you rate and like. The playlist is usually spot on for me. My station knows that I like The Housemartins, for example. So occasionally, it'll through me some Kings of Convienence for good measure, even though I haven't rated them. It knows that if I like the Housemartins, I'll probably like the Kings. Trouble is, they've changed the format where you can only listen to 600 songs a month. My limit ran out yesterday. I was uncermoniously cut off right in the middle of The Connell's "Stone Cold Yesterday." The humanity. Because I'm a cheap bastard, I won't fork over 3 bucks a month to listen to unlimited music. So I'm listening to streaming XM radio right now. I get that as part of my paid subscription --- I'm not completely cheap, just mostly. But I'm still counting the days until I can relaunch Launch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home