Monday, May 02, 2005

The Missing Bride/Wife/Woman

Consider all of the missing women stories that have popped up over the last two years: Peterson; Hacking; the chick from the college; and the runaway bride. What do all of these women, whose stories made all the national morning shows, have in common? They're all attractive. It makes me wonder if some national morning news show producer looks over the picture of the victim before deciding to go with the story and says: "She's hot. We've got to have wall to wall coverage of this." I mean, people go missing every day. And I would imagine that most of them are of average looks. If I went missing, I doubt anybody would care, save for my family and friends. But if I was attractive and female, would Katie Couric be interviewing my Mom & Dad on the Today Show? And if my Mom was on the Today Show, would she tell the story about how as a newborn I peed in a light socket in our family house the day she brought me home from the hospital?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home