Thursday, June 23, 2005

broken

My home computer is five years old. In other words, it's more practical to use this device as a door stop than a information device. It has no CD burner, isn't terribly fast, doesn't have enough memory to run various programs and it's hard if not impossible to stream music on. Still, I've kept it because, well, it works. Until a couple of weeks ago that is. The bastard now locks up on start up.

It's high time to visit the Dell site and plunk down a few hundred to get a vastly better device. But I'm slow in doing this. Why? Because I don't really need this item. I mean sure, it's nice to have. But in the past two weeks, my life hasn't been drastically changed because of a lack of a functioning home PC. Karen has one downstairs that I use to pay the bills. So I'll wait a couple more pay periods before taking a hit on a new computer.

So the lesson is that john_clarke will willingly suffer through minor impracticality than spend money. What a jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home