Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hotel Hell

Karen informed me yesterday that we will be staying at Hot Springs Arkansas' finest hotel --- The Arlington ---- over Labor Day weekend. This was a small point of contention considering we're traveling to Hot Springs with Rick and Mike in their RV which sleeps about 8 people. But sleeping in a RV is too much togetherness for Karen. And she doesn't want to share a bathroom with three guys (never mind that every guy I know keeps his bathroom cleaner than most females.) Still, I understand. And I really don't mind staying in The Arlington because it's a really cool 1920's era building in downtown Hot Springs where many of the rooms have their own hot springs mineral baths.

But apparently we're also going to a wedding in Virginia that I forgot about. So we're going to drop some bills on another fine hotel for about four days in October.

Karen and I have a different philosophy about hotels. She likes to go first class because she says she's way too old to stay in hostel like surroundings. And she likes to be comfortable.

But to me, a hotel is nothing more than a place to sleep and take a shower before you go out and enjoy the place you've traveled to. I've reached the point where I have many more vacation days than I do money. So I stay with my buddies, or cheap places, I can maximize my vacation time. Or maybe I'm just a cheap bastard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I agree the breakfast thing is a big player for me, cause I want to get moving in the morning and not have to go find food first thing.


I used to stay at the Gigglesnort back in the day.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home