Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Rock Confessions


I used to like this band called Zebra. They were one of those almost metal bands that dorks like me loved in 1983. I think I heard "Who's Behind the Door" on one of the local FM rock stations and thought this band is for me. Zebra excelled at fast guitar noodling, falsetto singing and writing absolutely stupid lyrics that only appeal to 11th graders. I drove out to Six Flags to see them play (if you're an up and coming band, playing Six Flags is not a good sign of future success.) I stopped liking Zebra when my "Who's Behind the Door" cassette got stuck in the Mach 1's cassette deck for two months. For two whole months, I could listen to nothing else in my car except Zebra. I finally took a screwdriver to the cassette deck and extracted Zebra from my life.

It could have been worse. I liked another dumb band back then called Shooting Star. I might not be here today if I had to listen to Shooting Stars "Hang On For Your Life" for two months.

2 Comments:

Blogger john clarke said...

Dude, we should totally go. I'll race you there.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I LOVED Zebra...saw them at Reunion opening for someone...Rush maybe? I saw Great White at Six Flags, and I saw Night Ranger at the Greater Guitar Show of Dallas...now that I think of it, I think Night Ranger had a song called Night Ranger...

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home