Friday, September 23, 2005

The Backyard Kite


While everybody is watching the weather reports to see which Texas coastal town Hurricane Rita is going to lay waste to, I'm watching to see if the tentacles of the storm are going to kick up the winds in decidedly non-coastal Dallas on Saturday and launch my white trash carport into space.

I have a permanant carport behind my house that protects our two cars. But I bought one of those temporary car ports with the poles and the tarp to sheild our third vehicle --- my hoopty pickup truck --- from the evil rays of the sun. Temporary car port for some, but not me. Mine stays up all year long, like so much ghetto Christmas lights. Actually, I've bought two of these things. The last one I had got launched into the next door neighbors yard a year ago during a wind storm and was mangled beyond recognition. Apparently, I didn't do a very thorough job of tying down the carport. The new one is now tied down quite well, but if the winds kick up to 40 or 50 mph, carport two will most certainly launch as well. So, I may have to take it apart tonight. Or I could leave it up and see what happens. I'd make for some good pictures.

I think Karen is rooting for launch number two. She is not a fan of the white trash carport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home