Thursday, November 17, 2005

Song That Makes Me Sing


john_clarke will sing a song on your ass. Oh yes he will. It doesn't happen that often, but certain tunes will make me contort my face and croon at the top of my lungs with total disregard for who may see me tooling down the road in my red American automobile. The Specials "A Message To You Rudy" is one of those songs. "Stop your messing around. Better think of your fuuuchaaaaa." And on and on until I crescendo with "A message to yooo Ruuuudeeee!"

I can't think of any new songs that make me do this. Maybe it's because I don't know any words to new songs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Yes, but how do you feel about Dandy Livingstone's version of this great song? By the way, how great is "Stupid Marriage" from the same album?

11:38 AM  
Blogger john clarke said...

Props to Dandy, the original rude boy. But I still dig the Specials version because it's punchier and cuts to the chase quicker.

I forgot about Stupid Marriage. Damn. Now I'm going to have to buy the first album again because my only copy is a cassette that's probably still up in the attic of my old house on Tremont.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home