Thursday, March 02, 2006

When you gotta go . . . .


Karen and I recycle ---- but we do it the East Dallas way. We put all of our cans in a separate garbage bag. And when it gets full, I set it out in the alley behind our house for the benefit of the homeless can pickers who use our Diet Lime Pepsi discards to help fund their 40 oz. habits.

The white plastic bag of cans I put out every month lasts no longer
than a couple of hours before a can picker snatches it up. In fact, the can pickers know our house and check it regularly.

So this week, I was kind of shocked that the white can bag that I put out on Monday morning was still out there on Thursday morning. I go outside the gate to look at it. Then it became clear why the can pickers had passed up a bag with 100 Pepsi empties.

Some homeless person had used the top of the bag as a substitute for toilet paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

That is one of the grossest things you have ever blogged.

Van Morrison is Monday...call me to make a plan.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I loved this story, of course. What did you end up doing with the sack, with the pooh on it? Ashley

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home