Thursday, February 09, 2006

Boat Trip


I've got a full bottle of vacation shampoo that I can't wait to use and wash the Dallas out of my hair. I like my home town, but it's been many long months since I've left it. My December Colorado ski trip was called for weather. So Karen and I booked a cheap five night cruise to Mexico as I was still complaining loudly about my aborted ski trip.

Unfortunately we have canine concerns that have caused Karen to rethink the whole trip. She was on the phone yesterday attempting to get our cruise date moved. I think the dog will be fine with a dog sitter, but I'm not Karen. So I had to contemplate having vacation number two getting shot to hell. Royal Carribean told Karen if we don't go, we lose the ticket. Karen found some comfort about the dog. So everything holds together, we'll be getting on a big white boat on Monday.

Example of the vacation mode I'm in: my head is currently playing a reggae music marathon. Steel Pulse is singing somethingorother about spliff. Whatever that word means, it makes my friends in Steel Pulse very happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gye Greene said...

I think spliff is the caulking used in the hulls of wooden boats.

Maybe they like sailing?

--GG

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home