Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another Failed Teenage Dream


When I was a 16-years-old, if I had been granted one wish, it would have been to be handed the keys to an untouched 1970 Boss 302 Mustang. I already had a Mustang at that age --- a 1969 Mach 1 that I bought with money made by sweating my ass off behind a smelly grill at McDonald's. But even in the early 1980s when old Mustangs were cheap --- a 12-yea- old hotrod Boss 302 was still way out of my price range.


So now, there's a new Boss 302 available for purchase. It's faster and even has air conditioning --- unlike the original. This one comes decked out in racing gear sporting the number 15 of Parnelli Jones, who won the Trans Am race in 1970. There was an example of the new Boss 302 on display at the Dallas Auto Show.


Again, the only thing keeping me from this car is the minor matter of $69,000 --- the price tag of this ride which is also the same amount of money I paid for my first house.


So, again, I will not own one of these cars.


I can't believe I just admitted having an unattainable dream that is shared with most NASCAR fans.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home