Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Road

Today, after work, I'll fire up the Mustang and drive 900 miles of open highway to Golden Colorado. I do this at least three times a year. And it never gets old. Half of the fun of the trip for me is being alone in my car, listening to a ton of music and weird talk radio and watching the scenery roll by. I generally take the same highways on the trip because the one I take has the best mountain views. But I always mix things up a bit along the way. I usually stop in a random town and explore. I'll drive through a residential neighborhood in the middle of nowhere and ponder what life is like for the average townsfolk. I also like to photograph abandoned farm houses, poking through barely thriving stores on the town square and eat in Mom and Pop cafes. The long road trip may beat most people, but it's the best way I know to see the real United States. Give me the highway over being stuck in coach sitting next to some dude who smells of B.O. any day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

One of these years I'm gonna make that haul.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

that sounds so great. have fun and be safe. and watch out...we got a $300.oo speeding ticket last time we drove through colorado.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home