Monday, May 23, 2005

Constant Monitoring

I'm obsessed with this little LCD weather station I have in the office of my house. It's a monitor that sits on my desk and gives me outdoor temperature and humidity readings, along with a somewhat accurate weather forecaster that tells me if it's going to rain or not. The weather station is fairly reliable and is really useful in the morning because it gives me a good idea how I should dress for my outdoor pre-dawn exercise routine. It also depresses the hell out of me, especially when summer comes to Dallas. Over the weekend, the temp gauge was mocking me with a 99 degree outdoor reading. And it's not even June yet. That's really bothersome. In Texas, if it's already hitting 99 in May, that means summer is gonna be a seemingly endless sweatfest.

I think I'm going to take my friend Rob's attitude of "bring on the summer." I'll get a short-as-hell hair cut, embrace the wearing of t-shirts and shorts, and dare the summer to kill me. Come on! Is 99 all you can do!

Yeah, that'll work. Thank God I have friends that live in Colorado who don't mind my constant visits --- much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home