Friday, May 27, 2005

Nausea

I'm a tad hung over from an evening Karen and I spent drinking cocktails outdoors at Lee Harvey's. It was a nice night last night, so what better way to spend it than with a few friends at my favorite Dallas drinking establishment. Lee Harvey's has lost a bit of its sheen because lots of people know about it now. But the great thing about Lee Harvey's is it's located in an old beat-up house in the heart of South Dallas. To get there you have to drive past prostitutes, dope heads and crowds of homeless people. So the North Dallas elite and SMU students will never go to Lee Harvey's. That's exactly why I love the place.

My hangover isn't bad at all --- it's the kind that you can fight through if you just get up and going in the morning. But I suffered a setback on the way in to work. I rode down the parking garage elevator with a young dapper gay man who was apparently headed to Neiman Marcus, where he probably works. And the young gay man had over-cologned. My stomach started churning as the sweet pungent odor of man chemicals hit my nostrils. It was so bad that after we got off the elevator and onto the street, I purposely walked towards a parked garbage truck, stopped and inhaled the surrounding air to clear the lingering smell from my nose. Ah, much better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

too much perfume is a killer...gimme the dustbin

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home