Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Vacation Countdown

To get through this thing called life, I always make sure there is something I'm looking forward to. Vacations are the answer for me and as soon as I finish one I start planning the next one --- it's sort of like a perpetual motion sanity machine.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a very strange way of measuring how long it will take before I go on vacation. I don't use a calendar even though I'm vaguely aware that there are some three weeks left until I hit the road. What I do is ponder whether the bottle of shampoo I use in every morning will have anything left in it by the time I go on vacation. If it is fairly full bottle, it's vacation shampoo. If there's only about a 1/4th of a bottle left, it's likely not vacation shampoo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert_M said...

I've known people who lived life by the bottle before, but I think shampoo is a healthier option.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I often get made fun of for needing something (a vacation specifically) to look forward to. Glad I'm not the only one.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home