Monday, May 23, 2005

Posting Up

I recently gave up on Ebay in my quest for a bra for my Mustang. I need a new one pronto because in three weeks, I'm driving to Colorado. If I go braless on a 2,000 mile summer time trip, the front end of my car will turn into a smashed bug factory with the errant rock chip here and there. I can't have that. So after unsucessfully bidding on no less than seven different Ebay Mustang bras, I decided to pay retail and order a brand new one from a mail order website. No less than three days later, the bra was on my front porch. Genius! I didn't have to wait for some dude in Utah to recieve payment and I didn't have to beg that same dude to please mail me my purchase (My last bra came from Ebay and it took the guy some three weeks to mail it even though he WORKED for the U.S. Postal Service). But then I look on the box. Instant defeat. The bra was for a 1998 Mustang Cobra. It won't fit my Mustang GT. Damn! So I just shipped it back to Illionois for $9.50 after paying that same amount to have it shipped here. The mail order place promises to exchange the item. But I still have to pay to get it shipped back. So here's the math: I pay retail for the item, plus some 28 bucks in shipping because of an order confusion. I lose. Should have stuck with my cheap bastard instincts and made that 8th bid on Ebay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home