Monday, June 06, 2005

Hay

About a year ago, I re-sodded part of my front yard. It was a big job that I did all by my lonesome. And it made me proud. The sod was a massive success and greened up to where you couldn't tell I'd done anything to my yard. In the spring, I fertilized the yard as usual. But now, half of my yard looks like a hay field. I've watered it plenty and I've got no answers. My neighbors thought it was because I put down rye grass in the winter and the rye had to die out and "burn away" before the St. Augustine grass comes back. Well, it's still not back and short of setting my yard on fire, I'm not sure anything is going to burn away. Many years ago, I would have thought it was cool and punk rock to have a messed up yard. These days, I see it as a failing on my part.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Hank Hill could help. If only he were real....

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home